Telephone: 020 7465 4300
Fax: 020 7465 4329
Address: 10 New Square Lincoln's Inn London WC2A 3QG
Simon has an extensive and busy family law practice specialising right across the spectrum of divorce, financial claims, civil partnership disputes and disputes relating to children. In addition, he advises on and drafts cohabitation, separation and pre-nuptial agreements, of which there are a growing number. Much of his work includes an international element and he frequently advises on choice of jurisdiction as well as on the removal of children out of the jurisdiction. Simon's clients have included nationals of the USA, Canada, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland, and from the sports of horse racing, tennis and golf.
With Ian Airey, Simon represented Mrs White in the ground breaking House of Lords decision on distribution of property and assets on divorce, White v White (2000), which provides for equality as the starting point in the division of assets to ensure the absence of discrimination between the bread-winner on the one hand and the home-maker on the other.
Simon's reported cases also include:
- RH v RH (2008) a Judgment of Mr Justice Singer relating to financial remedy claims on divorce and costs.
- Seagrove v Sullivan (2014) a Judgment of Mr Justice Holman in a cohabitee dispute involving claims under The Trusts of Law and Appointment of Trustees Act and under Schedule 1 of The Children Act.
- NR v AB (2016) a Judgment of Mrs Justice Roberts relating to financial remedy claims on divorce and the principle of the clean break.
- FY v (1) MY and (2) K, L and M (Children) (by Their Guardian) (2016) a Judgment of Ms Justice Russell relating to child arrangement orders and a father losing direct contact with his children due to his conduct towards them.
- In the Matter of R (Children) (2016) a Judgment of Lords Justices McFarlane and Lindblom dismissing a father’s appeal against losing direct contact with his children.
Simon took a degree in History before qualifying as a lawyer in 1990. He is recommended by Chambers, Legal Experts, The Legal 500 and is also listed in the Honours List for Leading Family & Matrimonial Lawyers in the Citywealth Leaders List 2016.
Outside the office, Simon is a Governor of Bradfield College where he was also educated.
Qualified 1990, joined Payne Hicks Beach 1998, partner 2001.