17 April 2015
Payne Hicks Beach wins for The London Oratory School
We are delighted to announce today's High Court victory for our client The London Oratory School.
The School challenged by way of Judicial Review a decision by the Schools Adjudicator concerning its admissions arrangements. The Honourable Mr Justice Cobb found the Adjudicator's decision to be "unlawful and or unreasonable" in material respects. Of particular concern to the School was a finding by the Adjudicator that its admissions criteria were socially discriminatory against less well-off families. The Judge found that the Adjudicator had reached this conclusion "by a mix of flawed reasoning and unfair process".
Related press articles:
- Click here to read an article first published at ITV News online on 17 April 2015
- Click here to read an article first published at The Mail online on 17 April 2015
- Click here to read an article first published at Yahoo! News online on 17 April 2015
- Click here to read an article first published at The Guardian online on 17 April 2015
- Click here to read an article first published at The Telegraph online on 17 April 2015
17 April 2015
10 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QG
DX 40 London/Chancery Lane
Tel: 020 7465 4300 Fax: 020 7465 4400 www.phb.co.uk
This publication is not intended to provide a comprehensive statement of the law and does not constitute legal advice and should not be considered as such. It is intended to highlight some issues current at the date of its preparation. Specific advice should always be taken in order to take account of individual circumstances and no person reading this article is regarded as a client of this firm in respect of any of its contents.
The firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority: SRA Number 00059098
© 2015 Payne Hicks BeachBack to News Listing