As tax legislation becomes more complex, clients require clarity. We aim to provide practical solutions in difficult situations and communicate the most complex advice in a clear way.
Our work includes:
- Making, varying and winding up family settlements of all kinds: discretionary trusts, life interest trusts, protective trusts and trusts for vulnerable persons
- UK tax advice to trustees and beneficiaries of UK-based trusts including those previously based abroad
- Tax planning for directors and shareholders on sales, take-overs, flotations, buy-ins
- Tax advice in relation to partnerships and family businesses
- Tax advice in relation to divorce proceedings
- Retirement and general tax planning advice to individuals, families and their companies
- Structuring of the ownership of property and other investments, particularly of a complex nature, or grouped property investment by several individuals
- Advising on Family Limited Partnerships as an alternative to trusts
- Employee trusts
- Pension schemes and retirement benefit arrangements (both approved and unapproved schemes)
- Tax advice on employment matters.